Sioux Falls Development Foundation presents WIN in Workforce Summit on Thursday, August 23.
Register for the event by clicking here.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:45 AM: Registration begins
11:30 AM: Lunch begins
12:00 PM: Lunch keynote speaker: Steve Gilliland
1:15 PM: Breakout Session 1
2:15 PM: Breakout Session 2
3:15 PM: Breakout Session 3
4:10 PM: Closing keynote speaker: Think 3D Solutions
Steve Gilliland is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame, Steve Gilliland is one of the most in-demand and top-rated speakers in the world. Recognized as a master storyteller and brilliant comedian, he can be heard daily on SiriusXM Radio’s Laugh USA. With an appeal that transcends barriers of age, culture and occupation—plus an interactive and entertaining style—Steve shows audiences how to open doors to success in their careers, their relationships and their lives. Presenting to over 250,000 people a year, more than two million have now heard him speak, with audiences encompassing nearly three dozen industries. Steve has the distinction of speaking in all 50 states and in 15 countries. As one newspaper stated, “Steve is what happens when the humor of a stand-up comic collides with the inspiration of motivational speaker."
Think 3D Solutions - The Power of Culture. Tamien Dysart and Vaney Hariri have over 3 decades of combined experience and leadership expertise working for various Fortune 500 companies. Tamien earned his MBA in Business Management from the University of Sioux Falls and spent the last 10 years in senior leadership positions. Vaney has been an active participant in giving back to city, being involved with the human relations commission for 10 years, chairing it for 5 years and was recognized for his great work within the community when he received the Mayor’s (Sioux Falls) “Leadership Award” in 2014. Their workshops and keynote presentations are interactive, inspirational, thought provoking and outcome focused.
BREAKOUT SESSION TITLES / SPEAKERS
- Youth in the Workforce: Fact or Fiction - Marcia Hultman, DLR Secretary for the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- Emotional Intelligence in Leadership - Lora Mertes
- Social Media Recruiting 101 for HR Professionals - Jon Thurmond, SHRM-SCP Mid-Atlantic Regional Human Resources Manager for Team Fishel
- Oklahoma's Talent Pipeline Alignment Initiative - Sarah Ashmore - Oklahoma Works Coordinator
- Knowing Your Resources - Chellee Unruh, Southeast Tech
- Targeted Populations: WIN panel featuring: Grand Prairie Foods, Malloy Electric and Weisser Distributing
- ...but, I live in a small town. - Amy Miller, Assistant Principal / Student Services Director Webster Area High School
- Hiring New Americans - Henry Evans, Evans Law Office
- The Daktronics Student Pipeline - Leah Brink, Daktronics